This series of movements will increase your mobility slowly and gradually (ie safely and sustainably) if you practice them regularly. There are two goals with this work:
- Soften and open the joints and surrounding tissues gently and safely
- Turn down the fight-or-flight response in your nervous system, particularly for folk with trauma or injuries in or around the pelvis.
See if you can notice:
- Your brain chills out (fight or flight drops, mental chatter quiets)
- Your body feels looser afterward (fuller breath, wiggle-factor increases, more fluid movement)
- Emotions might move a bit more (increase intensity, decrease intensity, suddenly appear or disappear)